Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wow...the electronic age

After a long period of futile resistance, I have given into the world of "electronic web logging". First, I should post on official disclaimer: this blog will most likely be of no redeeming value to humanity or society as any person, sane or insane, would recognize at any point in time. In all likelihood, you will be dumber for having read a single word on this page. If you are willing to risk the inevitable brain damage from semi-regular exposure to the random thoughts that pop into my head, I would recommend that your health insurance premiums are up-to-date. It would also be advisable to wear eye protection and a helmet to prevent the self-inflicted eye gauging and head trauma that is likely to occur. That being said, I can in no way be held responsible and/or liable for the empty feeling that you get after reading any entry on this blog. You made a decision to waste a few minutes of your lifespan on my thoughts, so deal with it.

That being said, I really don't know what I will blog about, but it will most likely involve things that I find funny, strange, interesting or frustrating. Moreover, I don't know if this will be a regular occurance. More than likely, it will be an interesting distraction for me and my family and friends from our daily lives. The name of the blog comes from something I said to a friend this week while having a rough day from the ups and downs of grad school. The exact quote was "I sometimes think that the slippery slopes of insanity are getting steeper everyday." Mostly, I just thought it sounds cool (and to the best of my knowledge, it is not plagarized...which is always a bonus). A better way to look at the name may be as my friend posted on my facebook page: "You are one hilarious, philosophical a-hole!" I think that his observation is most likely on point.

Regardless, welcome to my little corner of the internet. Remember, you have been sufficently warned of the potential side effects that may occur.

1 comment:

  1. awww...sniff...lil Eric is all grown up and owns a big bad blog! So proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete